Quote

"The trick, my Brethren and Sisters, is to enjoy the journey, traveling hand in hand, in sunshine and storm, as companions who love one another." President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Out of Shape!

Holy cow guys! I am so outta shape! I mean I was before I got pregnant but its even worse now! Let me give you an example...

Yesterday right after dinner like literally, me and Micah left to go on a walk. I usually have to beg Micah to go with me. Even get down to the nitty gritty guilt trip type of beg! Not yesterday. I told him we should go on a walk. I was shocked when he didn't argue to much. K I admit we don't argue. And I don't mean to brag by saying that. But we both hate contention so we are really good at avoiding it in our marriage. He kinda actually agreed! It probably helped that Sunday morning he mentioned he needed to start running THIS week or else his suit pants won't fit him next week. So he didn't go running yesterday. Usually if he goes on a walk with me we have to make it kinda short since he doesnt like them. Well it was his idea to walk about three miles or so. I was practically bursting at the seams with excitement. I love walks. Let alone in up here in beautiful Midway! So we start out walking to the top of our street (we have done this hike before while I have been pregnant and it wasn't easy then. So I haven't wanted to make him do it unless he says let's walk to the pond and back because it isn't too nice by any means) and start up the road that takes you up over the mountain to either Park City or Salt Lake. We then "turned around" if you wanna call it that, and walked up past the Wasatch State Park Pond. It's a fun little pond by Wasatch golf course. We stopped for a break, k not really, there were people fly fishing on the Pond. Yup you heard that right! FLY FISHING ON THE POND!! Why they think its acceptable to do that is beyond me. Fly fishing is for the river. Ha! I guess it provides good practice. Two of the three needed it after all. Anyways while standing there I caught this picture 
          And in that moment suddenly the fact that this walk almost put me into labor, k not really, but it felt like it would was suddenly worth it! I am so incredibly grateful to live where this is literally in my backyard. I love Midway in the spring\summer time. I hate it in the winter time though. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I love being outside either! 😉

So after the walk we got home and I could barely move and the bottom of my feet hurt like no other and I have a heating pad on my lower back as I type this. But I would trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment