Quote

"The trick, my Brethren and Sisters, is to enjoy the journey, traveling hand in hand, in sunshine and storm, as companions who love one another." President Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Blake's First Birthday

On June 15th Blake turned one year old. I, (or rather we), cannot believe he is already 1! Seriously. Where did this past year go?

It was such a fun day couple of days. Since his birthday started showed up on fathers day this year we celebrated the day before with my side of the family. I had originally wanted to have a swim party but couldn't get ahold of the lady whose pool we were hoping to use. And so I just bagged that idea and decided we would just have a water party at Grammie Woods' house. And if the weather was bad we would just hang out. Being June 15th you would think the weather would be nice and warm. WRONG! Hello Heidi, we live in UTAH. It turned out to be too cold for water but not too cold for a cake smash outside. There definitely was a chill in the air. So it worked out that I couldn't get the pool scheduled.

We just hung out at my moms with my side of the family. And honestly I wouldn't go back and change it. I am glad I didn't have to stress about keeping everyone entertained. It was so laid back. Blake played with his cousins and had a blast. Win Win. Later afternoon came and we finally did his cake smash. He didn't really get into the cake. I was shocked. But it was still fun to have his own two layered cake. We then opened a few presents from Mom and Dad and Grammie and played some more. 


On his actual birthday…we slept in and ate breakfast then got ready for church. Since it was Fathers Day, it made it quite convenient for Micah's family. Two celebrations in one. It made it kind of interesting though. I won't lie. I didn't want to take over the party to celebrate Blake's birthday, and I didn't want to not celebrate fathers day. What do you do? So we first gave Gary his presents and then we celebrated Blake's birthday. And he got to smash another cake. I shouldn't say smash though because I think he got more into it the day before then on his actual birthday. But thats ok. It was still fun. And I would do it all over again. Although now, He would totally devour that cake. He has since discovered sugar and how great it is. He got some more toys from us and Grandpa and Nana and even Uncle Eric and Aunt Annamarie and their boys!

Blake I cannot believe you are really one year old. I won't sugar coat it, This first year was a hard one. Over all it was really easy. But it was hard for me for the first four months when you took 45 minutes to nurse. I thought it would never end. I didn't like being cooped up in the bedroom all alone waiting for you to eat. Falling asleep, trying to wake you back up. Repeating this every two hours. Eventually you cut your time in more than half. In fact down to ten minutes. There were times when you would scream for 30 minutes and wouldn't calm down. Eventually we figured it out together and you turned out just fine. You nursed every two hours until you turned one. Even when you were eating solids. You hardly every slept through the night. And still don't here and there. You always end up in bed with us come 6:30 or 7 am. I hated nursing at the time but now that its done I'm kinda missing it. Your personality grew SO MUCH. I can't believe it. I am lucky enough to be able to be married to your father, who like me, sees it important to have me stay home with you all day everyday. I am so glad I was able to see your first rolling over, sitting up, crawling, standing on your own, step, etc. To be able to teach you things. I am so lucky. We may not be living in the most ideal place, (G and G Moellers apartment.) but I wouldn't change it. We know it won't be permanent but just till Daddy finishes school. Sure, you may still be in our bedroom. But at least our needs are met.

You make us so happy Blake and we love you with all our hearts. I am amazed at how strong your immune system is. In one year of life you only got sick with a cold twice. And one of those times you got sick because I had a cold. I gave it to you. I hope this shows that you will always have the strength you need not only physically but mentally, to get through this life Heavenly Father has blessed you with. I hope you always stay close to the spirit as you have this past year since you enter your mortal life. Its not and easy thing these days and you have to be careful in your choices. I hope you understand how important it is to put the Lord first before others at all times. Even when you may want to choose your friends first instead. YOU will be much happier and better off if you always choose the right. DON'T every forget that. We love you Blake with all our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment