Quote

"The trick, my Brethren and Sisters, is to enjoy the journey, traveling hand in hand, in sunshine and storm, as companions who love one another." President Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Church

So a little while ago. Probably a month and a half ago….we forgot Blake's binky at home. I noticed this in the church parking lot. It was one of those weeks where we were running behind so I didn't run back home for it. Side note. Blake's love life consists of strictly his mom and then his binky. If he has those two he is good. It has to be in that order though. There are days I don't let him have his binky for a while, and honestly I don't think he notices for a while. He does pretty good. Anyways…back to the story. So I figured if he started to fuss I'd just give in a pouch of food. You know…those go-go squeeze food pouches? Thats what I had in mind to help settle him down. So of course right as the Deacons were passing the bread during the Sacrament Blake started fussing. Naturally since he didn't have his binky for a while I knew that was why he was fussing. So instead of taking him out…I pulled out a food pouch, opened it up, and decided to 86 the bib. Figuring it might make him more fussy if I delayed giving him food longer. Well…he decided it would be fun to grab the pouch, at the bottom of it. Mind you, I had it in my hands squeezing it into his mouth. Well he didn't let go. He sqoze it so tight that it squirted literally ALL OVER his face….and I think he was so shocked and didn't know what to do, so he just kept on squeezing it. it ended up on his shirt, tie, me, onesie. What did I miss?
In the moment my mom ego totally got deflated…here I was with the cutest baby around…dressed like a little man. Who gets told by everyone that he is adorable. And he just squirted food all over himself. Micah looked over and just started laughing. Literally right after I got the water I grabbed Blake and we left for home. As I was walking out to the car I replayed the situation in my mind and couldn't help but laugh. It was funny really. He is 9 months old and doesn't know what he is doing squeezing the pouch. I got him home and layed him down to change his clothes and tell him.."this is why we can't take you anywhere nice Blake!" (My family is always telling me this. I am famous for spilling things.) Got him packed back in the car and back to church we went. And yes…I made sure to grab his binky this time. I think we missed a total of 10 minutes of church. 
This kid sure knows how to keep me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment