Quote

"The trick, my Brethren and Sisters, is to enjoy the journey, traveling hand in hand, in sunshine and storm, as companions who love one another." President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 19, 2014

11 Months


I can't believe Blake will be 1 year old next month. This has been the fastest year of my life. This kid is so much fun. He currently is--

-Standing without support
-getting into things when he knows he isn't supposed to. And if you call out his name he will jump and drop whatever is in his hands and look completely innocent. 
-started to finally sleep better at night and I really hope he keeps it up (knock on wood)
-looks older then he really is. I saw a baby this weekend that is a week older then Blake and the baby looks like a 6 month old still. 
-Still tall and thin.
- Still loves to self feed.
-Would eat a village if I let him.
-loves Ritz Crackers. I made the mistake of giving him these and He won't snack on much more now. 
-drinks out of a straw.
-I can tell his imagination is growing.
-Happiest in the mornings.
-loves to take the cap of the baby food jar and put it on and pull it off while being fed. And he even gets it on so well that all I would have to do is just twist it to close the jar. I wouldn't have to straighten the lid at all. 
-loves to hold things and study them and how they move. 
-still only has those two bottom teeth.
-started to scream to get your attention if he wants something i.e. more food, but doesn't have your attention already. 
-hates getting into his infant carseat but loves to get into his rear facing one. He even tries to turn around so he can see in front of him. 
-hates having shoes on his feet.
-shakes his head both yes or no at the correct times. Today he went to follow the cleaning lady around while she was here and I said "Blake no come back." and he looked back and me and shook his head yes and proceeded to crawl away. I also gave him a cracker and as he was eating I said "Does that taste good?" and he nodded and smiled at me like "oh yes!"

He is just so smart and I"m sure he will outsmart me soon. We love this little guy and can't imagine life without him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment